What personal information do we collect?
PII might include the following information This is not an exhaustive list.
- Personal Identifiers and records information – your name, address(es), phone number, email address, account password, and other information.
- Commercial Information – When you place an order, we collect information related to that order. This may include information such as items purchased, special instructions, date and time of order, subtotal, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- We use a payment processor that collects your payment information and processes payments made on or through us.
- Location information – When you use one of our mobile applications, we collect your location from the GPS, Wi-Fi, and/or cellular technology in your device to determine your location for delivery purposes.
- Mobile device – We collect information from your mobile device such as unique identifying information broadcast from your device when visiting our website or when visiting one of our stores.
We may also gather information, including PII, about you from other sources including, for example, our affiliates, business partners, service providers, online social media networks, and other third parties. We may add this to information we receive directly from you.
How do we use your PII?
We may use the PII we collect from you in the following ways:
- To allow us to respond to your requests, concerns, or claims for information and/or services.
- To administer promotions, surveys, our Virtual Comment Card, or other Website features.
- To contact you with additional information about our products and services.
- To manage our Loyalty Program.
- To process orders for gift cards.
- To distribute email alerts and e-newsletters.
- To improve our website and mobile applications in order to better serve you.
- To provide you with information about new products or services, contests, sweepstakes, and other special events, offers and marketing programs.
- To personalize your user experience and to help us deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you may be interested.
- To send periodic promotional emails (or postal mail) regarding products and services that we offer that may be of interest to you.
- To conduct research and analysis to otherwise measure the effectiveness of our products, services, and marketing programs.
Do we share your PII with third parties?
We do not sell PII; however, we may share aggregated, non-identifiable demographic information and statistics with our partners, advertisers, and other third parties.
We share PII with our parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and designees, and with our franchisees. We also share PII with service providers, contractors, and other third parties we use to support our business, such as payment processors, marketing companies, gift card vendors. We have taken steps to ensure your PII is protected by these third parties as well.
If we or our affiliates, or substantially all of our or their assets, are acquired, in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets or those of any of our affiliates, PII will be among the transferred assets.
How do we protect personal information?
No method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage, is fully secure. While we use reasonable efforts to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. In the event that we are required by law to inform you of a breach to your personal information we may notify you electronically, in writing, or by telephone, if permitted to do so by law.
Some of our websites permit you to create an account. When you do you will be prompted to create a password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password, and you are responsible for any access to or use of your account by someone else that has obtained your password, whether or not such access or use has been authorized by you. You should notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or account.
How long is my information kept?
You may request that we delete your personal information. [Most of our websites allow you to modify or delete your account profile. If our website does not permit you to update certain information or delete your account, you can contact us at the address described below in order to request that your information by modified.]
Do we use “cookies”?
Cookies are small files that a website or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your browser (if you allow) that enables the site’s or service provider’s systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information. You may refuse to accept browser cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your browser. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our websites.
We may also log information using digital images called Web beacons on our Website or in our emails. We use Web beacons to manage cookies, count visits, and to learn what marketing works and what does not. We also use Web beacons to tell if you open or act on our emails.
Any third-party websites linked to or from this website may have different privacy policies and practices. You should review the privacy policies on those other websites in order to determine how each website may use any personal information you provide. We have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites.
In particular, our website contains links to social media websites, such as Facebook® , YouTube® , and LinkedIn®. If you link from our website to those social media websites, the personal information and content you share is visible to other users and can be read, collected, or used by them. You are solely responsible for the personal information you choose to share or submit in these instances. For example, if you list your name and email address in a forum posting, that information is public. Please take care when using these features.
Our websites and online services are not intended for children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under age 16, without parental consent. Children under the age of 13 should not provide their personal information to us.. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under the age of 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13 and believe he or she has disclosed PII to us, please contact us immediately at 1-800-873-3633 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you prefer not to receive information from us, you may opt-out by emailing your information to email@example.com.
Last updated: June 9, 2023