Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. If you are under age 13 do not provide any personal information to or on the Website. We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 and do not knowingly collect any PII from children 17 years of age or younger. When you disclose PII on this site, you are representing to us that you are 18 years of age or older. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13 and believe he or she has disclosed PII to us, please contact us immediately at 1-800-873-3633 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. A parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13 may review and request deletion of the child’s PII and prohibit its use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information.
What personal information do we collect?
We may collect several types of PII from you when you use our Website:
• Information by which you may be personally identified, such as your name, address(es), phone number, email address, financial information (like financial account or card number and expiration date when purchasing gift cards or other products and services on our Website), or your account password if you have registered for an account with us.
• That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as photos, and location information and other information you have submitted on our mobile software application, and/or on paper forms.
• About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
• Directly from you when you provide it to us. 1271.001/180832.2
• Automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies. When you sign up for our email alerts and enewsletters, enter any sweepstakes, contests and promotions, respond to a survey or marketing communication, contact us, or use certain other Website features.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of subscribing for an account on our Website, requesting services, and purchasing gift cards, as well as our products. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
• Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
• Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
• Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
• Your search queries on the Website.
We may gather information about you from other sources. We may add this to information we get from the Website.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
• Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
• Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
• Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
• Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
• Speed up your searches. 1271.001/180832.2
• Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
• Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see What Are My What are my choices about how you use and disclose my.
• Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
Cookies and Web Analysis
This website uses Google (Universal) Analytics, a web analysis service of Google LLC (www.google.de) which uses methods such as cookies to enable analysis of your use of the website. The website also uses Google DoubleClick which enables the recognition of your browser upon visiting other websites which Google will use for the purpose of compiling reports on website activity and providing other services relating to use of the website. In the weighing of interests, the use of Google Analytics and Google DoubleClick serves to maintain our predominant legitimate interests in the optimal portrayal and marketing of our website. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf.
We use Google AdWords to advertise for this website in the Google search results and on third-party websites. When you visit our website the so-called remarketing cookie from Google is set, which automatically enables interest-based advertising by means of a pseudonym cookie ID and on the basis of the sites visited by you. In the weighing of interests, this serves to maintain our predominant legitimate interests in the optimal marketing of our website.
You can find out more information about Google Analytics cookies here: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage.
If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to accept cookies from our Site for any of the purposes described above, then you can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. Consult your browser’s technical information. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Site or all functionality of the Site. If you have any questions about how to disable or modify cookies, please let us know at the contact information provided above. Further information about 1271.001/180832.2 cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your computer or mobile device and how to manage and delete them, please visit https://www.allaboutcookies.org; http://www.aboutads.info/, or http://networkadvertising.org/choices/. Please note that even if you do choose to remove cookies by the third parties listed at the above links, not all companies that serve online behavioral advertising are included in this list, and so you may still receive some cookies and tailored adverts from companies that are not listed.
Users can opt out of how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
A couple of important notes about this opt-out tool: (a) it includes all the advertising networks that we may work with, but also many that we do not work with; and (b) it relies on cookies to ensure that a given advertising network does not collect information about you (“Opt-out Cookies”). Therefore, if you buy a new computer, change web browsers or delete these Opt-out Cookies from your computer, you will need to perform the opt-out task again.
How do we use your PII?
We may use the PII we collect from you in the following ways:
• To allow us to respond to your requests, concerns, or claims for information and/or services.
• To administer promotions, surveys, or other Website features.
• To process orders for gift cards.
• To distribute email alerts and e-newsletters.
• To improve our Website in order to better serve you.
• To provide you with information about new products or services, contests, sweepstakes, and other special events, offers and marketing programs.
• To personalize your user experience and to help us deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you may be interested.
• To send periodic promotional emails (or postal mail) regarding products and services that we offer that may be of interest to you.
• To conduct research and analysis to otherwise measure the effectiveness of our products, services, and marketing programs.
Do we share your PII with third parties?
We are the sole owners of all information collected on our Website. We share PII with our parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and designees, and with our franchisees. 1271.001/180832.2 We are not in the business of selling, trading or renting PII gathered on our Website; however, we may share aggregated, non-identifiable demographic information and statistics with our partners and advertisers.
We may use supplemental vendors to process payment transactions required to service a customer’s online order or gift card purchase. We cannot, and do not, guarantee that these companies will not retain, share, store, or use PII for purposes beyond processing the payment for your purchase.
We may partner with other parties to provide specific services, such as sending postal mail, sending emails, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing customer service, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), administering promotions, and delivering online orders. When using these service providers, we will share names, or other contact information that is necessary for the third party to provide these services. These parties may use PII (other than financial information) for purposes other than providing these services. You should review the privacy policies on those other websites in order to determine how each website may use any personal information you provide.
If we or our affiliates, or substantially all of our or their assets, are acquired, PII will be one of the transferred assets.
In addition, we may disclose any information, including PII, we deem necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request.
What are my choices about how you use and disclose my PII?
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
• Promotional Offers from Us. If you do not wish for us to use your email address to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to us as a result of a product purchase, product service experience or other transactions.
How do we protect personal information?
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All payment information you provide to us is encrypted. We use industry-standard encryption techniques when transferring and receiving consumer financial data exchanged with our Website. We have strict security measures in place at our physical facilities to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information that we may have collected from you at our site. Although we make every effort to 1271.001/180832.2 ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee that these security measures will prevent third parties from illegally obtaining this information.
How long is my information kept?
Any third-party websites linked to or from this website may have different privacy policies and practices. You should review the privacy policies on those other websites in order to determine how each website may use any personal information you provide. We have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites.
In particular, our website contains links to social media websites, such as Facebook®, Twitter®, and YouTube®. If you link from our website to those social media websites, the personal information and content you share is visible to other users and can be read, collected, or used by them. You are responsible for the personal information you choose to share or submit in these instances. For example, if you list your name and email address in connection with posting a photo, that information is public. Please take care when using these features.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
If you are a California resident, we agree to the following:
- You can visit our site anonymously.
- You are able to review and change your personal information by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We honor do not track signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
California Do Not Track Disclosures:
Certain browsers may offer you the option of providing notice to websites that you do not wish for your online activities to be tracked for preferencebased advertising purposes (“DNT Notice”). Some browsers are, by default, set to provide a 1271.001/180832.2 DNT Notice, regardless of your preference. Providing a DNT Notice is often touted as a means to ensure that cookies, web beacons, and similar technology are not used for preference-based advertising purposes. We honor do not track signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Last updated on February, 2019.